6.24.2007

Prepping for a 7 year old's slumber party is like preparing for a herd of elephants to come strolling through your living room.


Emily will be 7 on Wednesday.
*sniff*
Ok, I'll spare you. I'll save the traditional "Oh! My baby is getting so big!" moment for another time, but suffice it to say that her birthday marks another event that most parents cringe at.
The Slumber Party.
Basically you get a handful of 7 year old girls, turn them loose on the house and stand back. One tries to remember to put up the flammables and breakables, but you can only do so much.
But the prepping. *sigh* Since I'll be having a handful of children at my house, that in turn means that I will have a handful of parents coming to my house to both drop them off and pick them up. God forbid that I don't start cleaning like a maniac.
Excuse me, I have to clean under my couches.

3 comments:

Storm said...

I feel your pain! Lexi stayed at a friends house for the first time not to long ago (yeah I know it took forever for me to let her do that LoL) and I swear I barely slept that whole night, atleast these kids will be at your house and then soon after that my crazy kids and I will be there to! LoL You will survive this, just remember Wine is your friend :)

Jyothi said...

Hi Elizabeth! even I can understand your work pain. But its like an event. You have to bare it lol. Take care. Bye.

Anonymous said...

OK, just take a deep breath and relax. I'm here for you. Here's whatcha do:

SCREW THE HOUSE! GET A CASE OF BEER, A HAMMOCK AND A TENT. TOSS ALL THE KIDS OUT SIDE WITH THE TENT AND THE HUBBY OUTSIDE WITH THE HAMMOCK (2 SUPERVISE) THEN LOCK YOURSELF INSIDE WHERE YOU CAN WATCH THE CHAOS FROM A SAFE DISTANCE! THROW SOME FOOD & JUICE BOXES OUT THE WINDOW OCCASIONALLY. IN THE MORNING HOSE OFF THE SURVIVORS FEED THEM AND MAKE THEM WAIT WITH THEIR STUFF OUT ON THE CURB FOR THEIR PARENTS!

Follow these simple rules and it's as easy as can be - almost as if they were never there!

Love Ya & Good Luck!
Jen :-P