11.07.2007

Keep your streptococcus pyogenes to yourself, please

240px-Streptococcus_pyogenes_01.jpg
These wee beasties are presently attacking my daughter. Poor girl! Abby came down with strep late last week and was sidelined for a couple of days before we could get some antibiotics into her.

Now that I've got a minute to think about it all... I'm annoyed.

We do our best to teach our kids about good hygiene (washing after potty breaks, sneezing into the crook of your arm and not into your hands, etc.) and for the most part our kids have been very healthy. But Abby picked up this bacteria from somewhere. These kids that are coming to school with snotty noses and fevers need to stay home so they don't infect my kids with their germs!

*whew*

Ok, that's my rant for the day. A pretty mild one at that, I'd say.

No comments: